If you are on the hunt for the perfect present or simply want to improve your cooking skills, then I highly recommend visiting a cooking class. This one was at the Amuse Bouche Culinary School and consisted of an all vegetarian 3 course meal
The cooking class was really a perfect evening – not only we were taught useful cooking skills, but the atmosphere at this culinary haven was truly relaxing and peaceful! Would be returning for their vegan class soon!
Here is the recipe for the celery soup they taught us how to make. The apples give just the right balance between savory, sweet and sour.
- 2 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp
- 100 g finely chopped garlic,
- 400 g celery, cleaned and cut into cubes (1×1 cm)
- 150-180 g apples, cleaned and sliced (1×1 cm)
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 500 ml plantbased milk (optional)
- 2 tsp clean fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (for serving)
- Heat up 2 tablespoons oil a suitable pot and saute chopped onion for 5-6 minutes or until they soften and become golden. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add chopped celery and cook 3-4 moments.
- Add the apples, about 2 tsp clean fresh thyme, salt and vegetable broth. Cover the pan with a lid and let the vegetables simmer about 15 minutes or until tender celery.
- Puree the soup and add milk and salt, if necessary.
- Serve the soup decorated with a little olive oil or liquid cream on top (optional), chopped hazelnuts and some fresh thyme.